Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thankgiving and Cabin ready for carpet

Yep this is our outhouse at the cabin and let me say it will wake you up when you sit down when it -14 out, it is in our shed now, the insulation is a trick on the brain telling it, its keeping the cold out. And the sheet used for a door is our 1st water bed sheet from 1980 Yep I'm a packrat, you never know when you'll use it again
Me and the kids on a downed tree in Sioux Falls

Sunrise off back deck this morning 12/03/2009


Kent, Michael and me finishing bathroom counter



No I'm not flipping you off, unless you deserve it, well I'm showing off my finger which I shot a nail through with my nail gun, pretty handy huh!




Rita's Mom making us coffee like a Good mother in law


Boyles gang from my Dad's brother Pat's Side


My sister Michele and her Family


Our Precious Mejana On Grandpa's chair in kitchen


Me and Grandpa stuffing the turkey, notice the wall decor, it hasn't changed in over 31 years!


Well when we make a fast trip we really do, we left Loveland at 8pm on Wednesday and got to Sioux Falls at 6:30 am, just in time to help Grandpa stuff the turkey. We could of eaten on time because we had everything ready except Abbie decided to blow dry her hair and the turkey roaster blew the fuse so we didn't catch that for about 2 hours, Way to go Abbie, I guess she forgot to tell anyone the blow dryer quit working. We got to see everyone and it was Good to be in our Home town again. As usual we flew around everywhere trying to see everyone and everything and left at 3:50am on Sunday and got back to Loveland at 11:57 am, so the kids could go back to work. It was a quick trip and I would do it again. Love the Boyles
Alicia, Ronny, Mejana, Lora, Michael, Kent, Tanner and me will be up at the cabin this weekend moving furniture so the carpet dudes can get it all down, I think someone else is coming too but can't remember oh well Merry Christmas








1 comment:

JUANITA said...

Lets see......Mark Twain, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Garrison Keillor, all wrapped up into one. You have been taking us step by step, month by month through your married life with Rita. Your way with words is refreshing in a folksy, honest, self-effacing way. We love hearing about your love story and we find ourselves wrapped up in the story you tell from a man who misses the love of his life.

Happy Birthday Rita....I'll bet you never knew how much of an impact you had on all the people who surrounded you, most especially your lonesome spouse.

Love is a precious gift and very few have the privilege of a love like you experienced.

God blessed you then and he will continue to bless your life in ways you can't even begin to imagine.

Love to you from Texas.
Al and Juanita