Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Brush Colorado

At Schwan's banquet 1991 about 4-5 months along
in our new home at 429 Cambridge St 01/12/1991

Managers Night at our 1991 banquet, it was a sock hop dress like the 50's wasn't she cute


Rita never liked her picture taken so I always had to be fast or she would dodge me this picture was taken 19 days before delivery 05/11/1991



at our Christmas party for our employees 12/29/1990




We landed in Brush on April 19Th 1990 and moved into a neat old rental in the old part of Brush with lotsa older big trees, just like Randolph Ne and of course lotsa young families close by who Rita instantly knew all of them. I remember the young mother across the street who had the same baby monitor we had and when she would talk to her baby we could hear it on the monitor, well that gave Rita an excuse to go meet her and see if she was hearing any of our fun things going on in our home. The rental had 4 window air conditioners, Rita thought we were really moving up in the world until we needed them and turned them all on, too find out they didn't do much except move the air around a little. The downstairs was OK but the upstairs was an oven and that's where the kids bedrooms where, so they didn't spend much time there during the day. The nights always cooled the house down and Colorado has very little humidity, which made Rita very Happy. I settled into my new positions as sales manager trying to figure out my managing style which took allot of effort because I'm a thick headed X Marine who likes to learn everything the hard way, Thank God I had Rita to calm me down and tell me things were going to be alright and think before you speak, which was hard to do. Quick note about 8 months into management I had a come to Jesus meeting where I put the law down on how we were going to run routes with all my Schwan's Men. I guess I should of run it by Rita before I had the meeting because what I was trying to do and what happened was totally opposite. My best people quit and all the ones I was trying to run off stayed. Morale of the story, don't try to put in what they don't have but improve what they do have and make them the Best they can be and life is Good. Speaking of life, Rita is out of birth control and hasn't found a doctor yet to get a new prescription, oh well maybe she wont get pregnant. My goal when we got married was 4 anyways and I need to Evan things up alittle as there is too much estrogen in our home. Oops September 1990 Rita gets pregnant AGAIN Yippee, it seems we did have a little time to ourselves. Man I Love watching Rita go through the stages of pregnancy But wait maybe Rita planned this because she was getting sick of this little rental and now with another kiddo coming, well i have to put it in high gear to find us a home since ours in Randolph has closed. So the very next month as we were driving around looking someone that day put a sign in their yard for sale by owner, you see the town had about 5000 people but I bet there was only 5-6 homes for sale, so when a new one came up they didn't last long. So Rita and I went to the door to see if we could check it out and before we left we had a contract on it. Its a bi-level and Rita loves it, except she not sure about the swamp cooler for a air conditioner, what the heck is a swamp cooler anyways, we don't need it till next summer so I guess we'll find out then how it works, and yes it did a great job keeping the temperature down, except sometimes at night when the wind was just right a cloud from the feed lot just north of town would head our way and we would know in a minute because the swamp cooler would blow all the nasty air into the home, then I would fly to turn it off.
Its a First! did the Blog at the cabin using my neighbors internet neato. Thats all for now I'll throw some more up on our trip to Sioux Falls and the finishing touches of the cabin. Merry Christmas The Boyles

1 comment:

JUANITA said...

OH MY GOSH MIKE! YOU ARE THE MOST WONDERFUL WRITER AND YOUR ARE EXCEPTIONAL IN YOUR NARRATIVE DESCRIPTIONS AS WELL. I CAN VISUALIZE EVERYTHING YOU ARE SAYING AND I LOVE YOUR CANDOR. YOU KNOW, THE "TELL IT LIKE IT REALLY IS" VARIETY. YOU HAVE TO, AND I MEAN YOU REALLY MUST SAVE ALL THESE WRITINGS. YOUR KIDS ARE GOING TO LOVE RE-READING THESE SOME DAY. I AM SURE THAT EVEN RIGHT NOW THESE WRITINGS ARE SO HEALING FOR THEM, BECAUSE, AS ALWAYS, YOUR LOVE FOR RITA JUST SHINES OUT FROM BETWEEN THE PARAGRAPHS.

I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO WRITE TODAY, SO PLEASE JUST KEEP THE WORDS FLOWING. THEY ARE PRICELESS IN THEIR MESSAGE OF ENDURING LOVE.

LOVE, JUANITA