Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Mother's gotta do....What a Mother's gotta do






A mother finch decided to build a nest on our front door! I could hear something tapping on my door. Mike noticed a nest. Being the mother I am, I said, "As many times as my front door opens and closes!" I was afraid it would cause the nest to fall or the eggs." So I told Mike to move it over to the left side so, it wasn't on the door, especially for the wedding! Well he did and we didn't see the bird anymore! So we moved it back on the door thinking a bird could use the nest next year! To our amazement 1 of the eggs hatched! (there were 4 eggs) I think it is a boy! Because it is colored and you know how the boys in the animal kingdom are prettier then the girls! (unlike the human kingdom!)
We had a nest on the back deck and the sparrows knocked the babies out and took it over! Mike was so mad! He hates sparrows! I use to like them and feel sorry for them because Mike disliked them so, NOT anymore! Hoping she's the mother who moved it from the back to the front! Because, A mothers gotta do.....What a mother's gotta do...secluding it more from the evil sparrows!
So its our little birdie! We should name him! I better ask the kids! Everyone is so careful with the door since Mike attached the note! Its such a small nest I can't believe 4 birds could of fit in there!

No comments: